PARTICIPANTS WILL MASTER
- proper problem identification of complex business issues
- mechanisms to spot and challenge fuzzy logic
- patterns to understand the origins of wrong assumptions
- formulas for accelerated innovation in real-world business
- techniques to redefine business model to create competitive advantage
Business professionals who:
- suggest or make important decisions
- verify and approve suggestions proposed by others
Our modules are designed as practical and interactive sessions. The concept introduction modules (1,2,3) are based on habit formation interactive exercises so that participants are ready to go with the acquired knowledge. Business case modules (4,5,6,7) are based on Harvard Case Method that became a key teaching tool globally and have proven to have positive impact on developing participants business skills.
Main Learning Outcomes focus on ability to:
– Distinguish the relevant from the irrelevant
– Analyze problems with unstructured information
– Mastering Perspectiviz™ 5C’s Skills
– Developin self and teams’ Growth Minset
– Innovate and Disrupt
– Redesign Business Models
|Module 1||Intro to Perspectiviz Framework and Methodology|
|Module 2||Logical Fallacies|
|Module 3||Cognitive Biases|
|Module 4||Case Study 1 – Starbucks|
|Module 5||Case Study 2 – Apple|
|Module 6||Case Study 3 – Tencent vs Facebook|
|Module 7||Case Study 4 – Tailored Case Study|
Introduction to Perspectiviz Framework and Methodology
The participants will understand the Perspectiviz method and prepare themselves to work within the course frameworks to get most out of it. The introduction will cover the principles of Perspectiviz, logical fallacies and cognitive biases and show how they can be applied in business to improve risk management, increase decision making efficiency and profits. Participants will also learn or refresh their knowledge about the case study method so that they are able to maximize their experience in the following modules. Ultimately, the aim of this module is to serve a high level overview of Perspectiviz method and its practical application in business.
Introduction to Logical Fallacies
– understanding the origins, definition and classification of logical fallacies in order to be ready to discover and learn to handle the most common ones
– learning to avoid committing the fallacies
– learning to spot the fallacies on the fly while having a conversation
– building up a skill set to properly react and subduing them
- Introduction to Cognitive Biases
– understanding the basics of psychology and behavioral economics concepts that cognitive biases are grounded in.
– identifying the most common cognitive fallacies in everyday life and business environment
– learning to spot the cognitive biases on the fly while having a conversation
– building up a skill set to properly react to and subdue the biases
Case Study – Starbucks
Case Synopsis: Starbucks noted rapid expansion in China and is further targeting 70% growth in three years. Although popular among a Chinese clientele, it was facing a number of internal and external challenges related to the Chinese economic slowdown, and issues associated with the paradox of growth.
Participants will learn
– how to practically apply the logical fallacies and cognitive biases tool sets in business context
– how to ensure companies can innovate on the level of HR, R&D, CRM, design, digital, product development, supply chain, electronic payment, etc. in order to retain the flexibility and address dynamic market demands and interruptions
– why creativity is required in non-creative industries
– how to design innovation framework to apply in the context of growth management of particular company
– how to analyze success from the perspective of the paradox of growth, identify challenges that come with it and react upon it
Case Study – Apple
Contrary to the general belief, by launching iPhone in 2007, Apple did not disrupt the smartphone market but merely offered a superior quality device. However, by changing the business model and introducing the app/media market for smartphone, Apple disrupted the laptop industry, making iPhone the main device used to access the Internet.
– understand the fundamentals of platform business model
– understand the business platform design process
– learn how to fend off competition by developing competitive business platform.
– understand Apple’s product DNA
– learn to indentify the risks of scaling up and downsizing the products/services portfolio
– learn how to look at the geopolitical context and its challenges based on the example of doing business in China
– understand what disruption is and harness it to be an opportunity not a threat; for example the imminent 5G hyper-connectivity, advanced robotics or AI
Case Study: Facebook vs Tencent
– deepen their understanding of platform business model
– understand why products and product based business models lost their advantage
– learn how to explore innovative platform based business models and understand the challenges they come with
– develop skills to apply accelerated innovation as practiced by the Chinese companies
– develop skills to apply combinatorial innovation
– deepen their understanding of the importance of value chains
– analyze how IT based transformation of the company disrupts the traditional vertical value chains
– learn about doing Internet business in China and analyze how and if the Internet isolationism has contributed to the boost of Chinese creativity and economy
Tailored Made Case Study
The case for this module will be based on the client’s request to analyze the current challange(s) that the company is facing.
– understand the situation
– identify the problems
– analyze the problems
– come up with multiple solution scenarios
– define the implementation strategy
– improve critical thinking skills
– learn how to implement innovative thinking
Define New Goals
We offer customized programmes focused on contemporary business issues to equip professionals with up to date knowledge and skills.
Most frequent inquiries for custom made courses fall in the following categories
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR) is a trend for reputable companies who explore and implement it in their strategy. CSR allows them to contribute to societal goals of a philanthropic, activist, or charitable nature. This course will:
– provide students with a deeper understanding and strategic view of CSR, how it is evolving and why it interests top management, investors, media and the public
– teach how to integrate CSR into Business Model
– provide discussion opportunity on challenges of CSR
– motivate to evaluate effectiveness of CSR initiatives by looking at firm resources and institutional environments.
– Provide a framework to categorize different CSR practices for practical purposes of developing one
– To balance the social impact and economic efficiency.
Negotiations is a crucial aspect of every day life and business. This is by far our most popular course that our clients choose to start with.
Participants may come with various negotiation skills and experience but they all learn and improve their skills in this workshop by:
– understanding how core concepts of Perspectiviz benefits in negotiations
– strengthening their Emotional Intelligence skills
– exercising multiple real case scenarios
In the era of rapid innovation, the ability to do it quickly and efficiently is a must.
Regardless of the size of the business, innovation is required on all levels of the structure including the departments that might be perceived as boring such as accounting or administration. Our innovation workshops teach why creativity and innovation is required in non-creative industries
• how to design innovation frameworks and procedures for your business
• innovation of business models
• rapid and combinatorial innovation
Based on real examples and lessons learned the hard way, we provide a workshop on designing business plan and market entry strategy for brands and companies seeking opportunities in China. The participants will learn how to
• Stay Competitive
• Decide on the scope of offerings
• Design the e-commerce strategy
• Understand the Culture, Laws and Regulations
Entrepreneurship may be executed on a start up and corporate level. Young entrepreneurs try their chances in a competitive start up environment whereas large corporations nurture entrepreneurship within their own structures. Our Entrepreneurship workshop teaches the concepts of
• Rapid Innovation
• Market Entry Strategy
• Enhanced Business Models Design
“My dear, here we must run as fast as we can, just to stay in place. And if you wish to go anywhere you must run twice as fast as that.”"
Queen of Hearts, ―